Meet Lisa Adams
I am an avid DIY’r. I do tiling, plumbing, electrical, and carpentry. I built a playhouse last summer, complete with windows and a shingled roof. I have my own woodshop in my basement.
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be …
a designer or a contractor.
The most unusual thing in my office is …
an original apothecary contract that my first boss gave me as a graduation gift when I graduated from law school.
My favorite app is …
Pinterest, because I love looking at building and decorating ideas.
Do you have an end-game in mind for your business? Whether you’d like to launch a product, sell your company, or license your technology, I can help you develop a patent strategy to get there. In addition to working with start-ups to build patent portfolios from the ground up, I’ve worked with small and large established companies — including multinationals like General Electric and Johnson & Johnson — to shape their portfolios in ways that help them make the most of their opportunities. I also regularly represent clients in patentability evaluations, preparation and prosecution of patent applications, post grant proceedings, freedom to operate studies, and due diligence and clearance studies. I’m particularly focused on mechanical, chemical, and electrical products and processes, including medical technologies, oil and gas, electrochemistry, injection molding equipment and tooling, and material coatings. In my experience, potential investors, acquirers, and partners know the critical value of patents and are impressed by smart strategies that protect and leverage portfolios. I’ll help you think strategically and avoid surprises.
Companies I have helped grow and thrive:
- Gecko Healthcare
- Sirona Medical
- 4th Phase
- Intelligent Endoscopy
- Member, Mintz Levin Intellectual Property Practice
- Chair, Mechanical Engineering Subcommittee of the Patent Law Committee of the AIPLA
- Co-chair, Medical Devices Committee of Boston Patent Law Association
- Included on the Massachusetts Super Lawyers list (2014 – 2017)
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Star (2014 – 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America: Trademark Law (2016 – 2018); Patent Law (2017 – 2018)
- Member, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts of Massachusetts
- JD, New England Law
- BS, Texas State University