Meet Lewis Geffen
I love bluegrass music, the Dead, and cycling in Europe.
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be … a PhD with an MBA.
Android or iPhone?
- JD, Harvard University
- BA, University of Massachusetts – Amherst
I love working with LifeSci start-ups because I get exposed to the science and get to work with some of the brightest, well-rounded folks around. Though I dropped science and math after the 11th grade, I now love reading and researching about chemistry, biology, and “you–name-it,” in order to try and understand what these companies are actually doing. Things that once bored me as a kid now seem elegant and intriguing. And the folks I work with are not only bright, but they are really interesting people, with wonderful and exciting stories, lives, interests, and backgrounds. With my knowledge of the venture ecosystem and the biopharma partnering world, I’m in a position to help science-driven companies bring products to market — products that help alleviate suffering.
Here are some of the companies I’ve helped to grow and thrive:
- MVM Life Sciences
- Co-chair, Mintz Levin’s Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as a “well-known life sciences expert” for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2014)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts – Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2013)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent