Meet Kristin Gerber
Fun facts: I’m from a small town in Nebraska (Go Big Red!). I’ve run six marathons but now I mostly chase my kids around the Boston museums and parks. I love hiking, hosting parties, exploring new destinations, and listening to music.
My favorite app is … Feedly. All my favorite blogs organized in one place. Also, TripIt for planning vacations.
My heroes are … my parents. They were both public school teachers and coached multiple sports all year long. They worked incredibly hard, put in really long days, and cared tremendously about helping students grow and learn. I try to emulate them every day.
The most valuable lesson I’ve learned in business is … to bet on people.
On Twitter, I love to follow … Anna Kendrick. Because she’s hilarious.
If I were starting a company, I would focus on … social enterprises. I’m passionate about them and the impact they’re having on critical global challenges, so it would definitely be something in that space.
My favorite blog or website is … Feld Thoughts, by Brad Feld of Foundry Group.
I could spend hours describing why I have the best job in the world. I get to immerse myself in emerging technologies every day and the entrepreneurs that I counsel are creating sustained changes within entire industries, shaping human behavior and influencing society. I get to advise and mentor companies that range from brand new start-ups coming straight out of a university lab to large corporations contemplating public offerings valued at billions of dollars. I have the inside scoop on the latest developments in energy and clean technology, information technology (hardware, software, and services), life sciences, medical devices, and social enterprises. Though my days are filled with venture capital financings, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and technology transfers, what I am really doing is helping entrepreneurs and their companies grow and evolve. It’s incredibly meaningful and deeply rewarding.
Here are some of the companies I’ve helped to grow and thrive:
- Ayzh, Inc.
- Bit9, Inc.
- Cambrian Innovation Inc.
- Checkmate Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ClearView Audio, Inc.
- EnerNOC, Inc.
- FastCap Technologies, Inc.
- Intarcia Therapeutics, Inc.
- Mind Candy, Inc.
- MoMelan Technologies, Inc.
- Nexamp, Inc.
- Resilience Therapeutics, Inc.
- Sanergy, Inc.
- Solstice Power, Inc.
- SoundCloud Limited
- Staq Energy, Inc.
- Synata Bio, Inc.
- Traction Technology Partners, LLC
- WeSpire, Inc.
- Senior Associate, Mintz Levin Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Rising Star, Business/Corporate (2015 and 2016)
- Mentor, MIT 100K Business Plan Competition
- Official Legal Mentor, Hult Prize Business Plan Competition
- Mentor, Cleantech Open Northeast
- Judge, SEED, the social enterprise track of the Boston College Venture Competition (BCVC), an organization in the Carroll School of Management
- Mentor, MIT Clean Energy Prize
- JD, Boston College
- BSBA, magna cum laude, Creighton University