Meet Jeremy Glaser
I spend my free time running half-marathons, participating in bootcamp workouts, studying financial markets, admiring classic cars, and drinking fine wine. I am also dedicated to supporting veterans and serve on the board of REBOOT! National Veterans Transition Service, Inc., a San Diego–based not-for-profit that helps veterans adjust to civilian life and find meaningful employment, and on the board of directors of the USS Midway Museum.
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be …
Either a venture capitalist or a wine maker, or both!
Favorite quote to share with entrepreneurs:
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” – Walt Disney
Android or iPhone?
iPhone 6, on me at all times
- JD, magna cum laude, Harvard University
- BA, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Duke University
I love to represent growing ventures, particularly technology-based companies in software, mobile applications, biotechnology, medical devices, and clean energy. For more than 30 years I’ve helped companies raise angel and venture financing and achieve successful liquidity events, such as IPOs and sales. Having served as Executive Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions for a venture-backed B2B software company that raised over $100 million — and as general counsel for an investment management company that managed billions of dollars — I also know first-hand what it’s like to be inside a growing business. When you work with me you get an experienced partner who knows the entire ecosystem — the law, tech industries, the innovation community, the investment management business, and venture capital firms and other investors. I bring all of that experience together to help clients of every size achieve success.
Here are some of the companies I’ve helped to grow and thrive:
- Acorns Grow, Inc.
- CineForm, Inc.
- Medibuy, Inc.
- RealAge, Inc.
- Semtek Innovative Solutions Corporation
- MabVax Therapeutics, Inc.
- Inhibrx, Inc.
- Resource Capital, Inc,
- Sid R. Bass & Associates
- Mission Ventures
- B. Riley & Company
- Stamos Capital Partners
- Co-chair, Mintz Levin’s Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice
- San Diego Business Journal: San Diego 500 - The Book of Influential Business Leaders (2016)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 United States as “highly reputed” for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2014)
- Recommended by The Legal 500 United States for Venture Capital & Emerging Companies (2014 – 2017)
- Best Lawyers in America: San Diego Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year (2016)
- San Diego Business Journal: "Best of the Bar" (2014, 2015)
- San Diego Super Lawyers: Securities & Corporate Finance (2010 – 2014)
- San Diego Daily Transcript: "Top Attorneys" Corporate Transactional (2008 – 2010, 2012 – 2013)
- Best Lawyers in America: Venture Capital Law (2013 – 2017); Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2016 – 2017)
- Board member, San Diego Venture Group
- Board member, USS Midway Museum
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Jeremy's latest articles on MintzEdge: