Meet Gregory Chin
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be …
an American Studies professor, writing about 20th century US history and literature.
My favorite app is …
Todoist – a great productivity application.
My favorite Twitter account is ...
@sknthla – Sakunthala Panditharatne, a brilliant young entrepreneur client, whom I got to know through her Twitter feed, and who is now founding an AR/VR company.
- JD, cum laude, Harvard University
- BA, Distinction in the Major (Ethics, Politics and Economics), Yale University
During college, I thought that I wanted to work on Wall Street, but that changed when I had an opportunity to work for a start-up after college and before law school. That experience inspired a passion to represent Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. Over the past two decades, it has been incredibly gratifying to counsel entrepreneurial teams pioneering tomorrow’s technologies and bringing new products into the world. I’ve partnered with a number of innovators right from the incorporation stage — counseling them on their business plans and company formation issues, and then helping them grow through financings, IPOs, and mergers and acquisitions. I’ve handled M&A deals valued from under $1 million to over $1 billion, represented both issuers and investors in hundreds of venture capital financings, and counseled both issuers and underwriters in public offerings. I’d love to meet your team and see what we could achieve together. I’ll share my entrepreneurial war stories — including hard-won lessons from Silicon Valley veterans — to help you take your best shot at every juncture.
Some companies I’ve helped get off the ground and grow:
- MAP Pharmaceuticals
- Complete Genomics
- Member, Mintz Levin Venture Capital & Emerging Companies Practice
- Recommended by the Legal 500 USA for Venture Capital and Emerging Companies (2014 – 2015)
- Listed in Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A Northern California (2013)
- Recipient, Jewish Federation Fellowship (2003 – 2004)
- Member, Board of Directors, Hillel at Stanford University (2004 – 2011)
- Member, Audit Committee, Moldaw Residences, a Jewish senior living facility in Palo Alto, California (2012 – 2014)