MintzEdge ... Ready, Set, Go!
You've got an impressive new idea — an innovation that will improve lives, or help businesses work smarter. You're ready to create a company, line up investors, launch R&D, and protect your inventions…and you need sound answers to about a thousand questions. We've been there, and we want to help. Mintz Levin has a long track record — and an absolute passion — for helping entrepreneurs launch new businesses. We've worked for decades with early-stage companies, and there's truly nothing we'd like more than to be part of your success. That's why we offer our MintzEdge ™ program.
What is our MintzEdge™ program?
Running a business is a long-term endeavor, but you need to get off the starting line in a strong position. Our MintzEdge™ program is designed to help you do that. It is a package of services provided by leading legal advisors who help entrepreneurs achieve the ideal starting position for their companies, giving them the edge needed to accelerate ahead of the competition.
Step 1: Complimentary Consultation
You will meet with a team of our start-up focused practitioners to discuss your business proposal, technology, current/future plans, and business goals. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to building and maintaining a business, so this step is critical to success — for that of your business and for our partnership. Based on that meeting, we will be positioned to recommend tailored next steps in helping you reach your goals.
Step 2: Valuable Legal Services
For a fixed fee of $2,500 (or $3,500 for LLCs), plus filing costs, we will work with you to prepare and file the documents necessary to establish your business, answer your questions, and provide advice to help avoid common stumbling blocks along your path to success. Included in this offering are the following:
- Consultation on choice of entity — C corp., S corp., or LLC
- Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws (or Operating Agreement for LLCs)
- Initial Board of Directors Action and Stock Subscriptions (or Corresponding Documents for LLCs)
- Form Confidentiality, Nondisclosure, and Assignment of Inventions Agreement (with Optional Noncompete Provisions)
- Form Equity Incentive Plan and Award Agreement
- Preliminary Patent, Copyright, and Trademark Consultation, Including Overview of Filing Costs and Strategy
- Preliminary Immigration Consultation, If Needed
- Company Starter Checklist, with Consultation on Additional Matters that May Be Desired
Step 3: Our Continued Relationship
Once you've gotten off to the great start you deserve, we will be here to help you plan and execute on long-term strategy. Mintz Levin will work with you through early-stage financings, product development, and ultimately to achievement of your goals.
Our start-up and emerging company clients tell us that visualizing the long-term is valuable. They also tell us that having a greater handle on costs looking forward is critical to their success. As a recognized leader in developing and using alternative fee structures, we are not wedded to the hourly rate. We work with clients to set up win-win fee arrangements. Ask us about what we've done for others in your situation!