Meet Cynthia Larose
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be …
an interior designer, spending other people’s money decorating.
The most unusual thing in my office … is a Zen sand box – with a beach chair and beach umbrella!
- JD, Boston University, cum laude
- MS in Broadcast Journalism, Boston University
- B.Mus.Ed., University of Massachusetts
Cyber attackers target ventures of all sizes. From Day 1, your data and business are at risk. But I can help you develop a plan now to reduce that risk, and implement a “Privacy by Design” approach that will embed privacy right up front. I’m immersed in the state, federal, and international laws governing data usage and incident response, and have advised hundreds of clients on privacy, data security, and information management. And while I didn’t (yet) write the book on cybersecurity, I’ve spoken at the conferences, presented the training seminars, and given numerous interviews to the US and international press on the extent of the threat, best practices for risk assessment and reduction, and what to do when there’s a breach and how to best prepare for the inevitable. Whatever your privacy or security issues, I’ll help you handle them. Together we can design and implement policies and procedures that will keep your data safe, manage your users’ privacy expectations, and keep your business in compliance.
- Chair , Mintz Levin Privacy & Security Practice
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Chambers USA Nationwide: Privacy & Security (2010 – 2015)
- Chambers Global: Privacy & Data Security (2011 – 2015)
- Boston Magazine “Rising Star” (2011)
- Former radio reporter
Cynthia's latest articles on MintzEdge: